Mmmm the craze of frozen yogurt. I have to admit…I do love being able to dish up my own “fro-yo” and pack on as many toppings as I choose.
What I don’t like? The high price tag at the end. After you have filled your bowl with yogurt and packed on as many topping as you possibly can, the cost can be alarming.
The best of both world…homemade “fro-yo”.
It is easy, I promise.
It is easy on the wallet.
And mot importantly, it is sooo delicious.
There are so many options when it comes to making your own frozen yogurt. Here is just one of the many I have been making.
- 1½ cups frozen mango chunks
- 3 ounces vanilla Greek yogurt
- ½ -¾ cup skim milk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons lime zest
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor (a blender works as well).
- Blend until completely smooth. The texture should resemble soft-serve ice cream.
- Top your "fro-yo" with desired toppings. I prefer fresh blueberries and a little more lime or orange zest.