Dress up your pumpkin pie with spiced meringues.
These spiced meringue cookies, studded with pepitas, add flare and beauty to your pumpkin pie. Crisp and packed with flavor, they’re great on their own too.
Author: Zestful Kitchen
- 4 egg whites
- ¾ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons corn starch
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- Raw pepitas
- Heat oven to 225°F. Whip egg whites, vanilla extract, and salt in a stand mixer on high until soft peaks form. Slowly add, with mixer on medium, sugar, corn starch, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Whip on high until stiff peaks form, about 45 seconds.
- Transfer meringue to a piping bag and pipe onto parchment-lined baking sheet. Arrange pepitas around piped meringues, and bake 1 hour. Turn oven off and keep meringues in oven to dry for 1 hour.
- Store in air-tight container until ready to arrange on pie.