These vegan truffles are a perfect after-dinner dessert. They very simple and can be whipped up in minutes. Sweet, creamy and chocolatey…all of the things you would want in a truffle.
Oh! I almost forgot to mention, they are packed with antioxidants, phytochemicals and fiber. I knew you were going to wonder about that.
This recipe uses dried plums as the base instead of heavy cream, butter and sugar. It is a great swap while maintaining a lot of flavor.
- 10 dried plums, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons Chocolate PB2*
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons wheat bran
- 2 tablespoons shredded, sweetened coconut
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor. Alternate blending and scraping down the sides until everything is evenly incorporated. You may need a few drops of water to loosen the mixture, make sure to keep it a thick paste.
- Remove mixture from processor and form into balls by tablespoon. Wet hands with water to make the rolling process easier.
- Roll balls through preferred topping. I used toasted shredded coconut and corn flakes but chopped nuts, powdered sugar, cocoa and sprinkles are great as well.
- Refrigerate for an hour to firm up.