This Apple Bourbon Smash is the perfect cocktail for any fall or holiday party. Made with juicy Honeycrisp apples, honey, and warm spices, this bourbon smash is packed with fall flavor. Plus, you only need 5 ingredient to shake this apple cocktail up!
- ½ honeycrisp apple, roughly chopped
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 4 ounces bourbon
- 2 ounces fresh lemon
- Grated fresh nutmeg
- Pinch ground cardamom (optional)
- Apple slices and cinnamon sticks for garnish
Muddle apple and honey in a cocktail shaker until completely smashed and liquid is released.
Add bourbon, lemon juice, a few grates of fresh nutmeg and a pinch of cardamom. Fill shaker with ice and shake vigorously until thoroughly chilled.
Fill rocks glasses with ice and strain cocktail into glasses, garnish with a few more grates of fresh nutmeg, an apple slice, and a cinnamon stick, if desired.
What you’ll need for this bourbon smash:
- Cocktail shaker and muddler
- Cocktail strainer
- Microplane or grater (for nutmeg)
- Rocks glasses, or low-ball glasses
- In-season apples