- 1 Flaky Pie Crust recipe (*see above recipe)
- 1½ pounds apricots, halved, pitted and thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon almond extract
- 3 tablespoons corn starch
- ½ cup sugar
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ⅓ cup apricot jam or preserves
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds
- In a large bowl combine apricots, lemon juice, almond extract, cornstarch, sugar and salt. Toss to coat all fruit pieces.
- Remove dough from refrigerator and let stand at room temperature for 10 minutes before rolling out.
- Position rack in the lower third of the oven and preheat to 375° F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, set aside.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough into a 13-inch round, about 1/8 inch thick. Roll dough onto rolling pin and transfer to a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Spread jam onto rolled out dough, leaving two inches from the edges uncovered. Place apricots in an even layer on top of the jam.
- Fold dough edges over the apricots, about two inches in. Loosely pleat dough over itself, leaving the center of the galette open.
- Brush dough with egg mixture and sprinkle with sliced almonds.
- Bake for 45—55 minutes, until center is bubbly and edges are golden brown.
- Remove from oven and allow galette to cool on pan for 5-10 minutes before cutting.