Tangy, slightly sweet and mildly spicy, this Carolina Gold BBQ Sauce is perfect for any barbecue or grilled meat you’re making!
- 1 cup prepared yellow mustard
- ½ cup apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup honey
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce or liquid aminos
- 1 teaspoon Frank’s hot sauce or Tabasco sauce
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
Whisk all of the ingredients together in a small saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring sauce to a boil, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and let cool.
Store BBQ sauce in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 month.
MAKE IT VEGAN: use maple syrup, coconut sugar, or brown sugar in place of the honey and use liquid or coconut aminos in place of the Worcestershire sauce.
- Serving Size: 2 tablespoons
- Calories: 43
- Sugar: 7g
- Sodium: 221mg
- Fat: 0g
- Saturated Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 9g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 1g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: carolina gold sauce, carolina gold bbq sauce, gold bbq sauce