Fried eggs just got a cheesy upgrade!
- Olive oil
- 2 large eggs
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 ½ tablespoons grated Parmesan
- Preheat a nonstick skillet for 5 minutes over medium.
- Add a splash of oil and brush (or swirl) to coat
- Crack eggs into skillet, season with salt and pepper, and cook 1 minute.
- Sprinkle grated Parmesan over eggs (scant tablespoon each) and cook 30 seconds more.
- Flip eggs and cook until cheese is golden brown and yolks are still soft, 1–1 ½ minutes.
- Nonstick cooking spray doesn’t work as well as oil. If you end up using nonstick spray make sure you use quite a bit.
- Large-sized eggs are important. Cook for less time of using small or medium eggs.
- Grated sharp cheddar also works well here.
- Serving Size: 1 serving (2 eggs)
- Calories: 148
- Sugar: 0.5
- Sodium: 770mg
- Fat: 10g
- Saturated Fat: 3.5g
- Carbohydrates: 1g
- Fiber: 0g
- Protein: 13g
- Cholesterol: 332mg
Keywords: crispy fried egg, crispy egg, cheesy eggs