This bright herb sauce is and easy (so easy) way to create a fantastic meal in minutes. Top any kind of grilled meat, fish or seafood with this simple sauce, drizzle it over grain bowls, or toss with your favorite veggie.
- 1 bunch parsley, leaves and tender stems (1 cup packed)
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 2 tablespoons oregano (or 2 teaspoons dried)
- ½ teaspoon each kosher salt and black pepper
- ⅓ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
Add parsley, garlic, shallot, oregano, salt and pepper to a food processor; pulse until roughly chopped.
Scrape down sides of bowl then add oil and vinegar and pulse until a sauce comes together. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Use as desired (try this chimichurri chicken!) or store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to two weeks.
This sauce can easily be doubled or tripled!
- Serving Size: 2 tablespoons
- Calories: 110
- Sugar: 0g
- Sodium: 201mg
- Fat: 11g
- Saturated Fat: 1.5g
- Carbohydrates: 3g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 1g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: chimichurri, chimichurri sauce, chimichurri recipe