Spiced shrimp served in charred tortillas with garlic lime avocado crema and cilantro lime slaw.
- ½ medium head green cabbage, shredded (6 cups/or 1 lb.)
- 1 bunch cilantro, roughly chopped (1 cup)
- ½ red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 limes, zested and juiced, divided
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 serrano, thinly sliced, optional
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 1 medium avocado, peeled and pitted
- ¼ cup whole milk plain regular yogurt
- 1 small clove garlic, roughly chopped
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander, divided
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 pound 26/30 shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 6-inch corn or flour tortillas, for serving
- For slaw, whisk together 3 tablespoons lime juice, 2 tablespoons olive oil, ½ teaspoon each kosher salt and black pepper. Add shredded cabbage, cilantro, red onion, and serrano, if using, and toss to combine. Season with additional salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- For avocado sauce, combine avocado, yogurt, 1 tablespoon lime juice, garlic, 1 teaspoon coriander, and ½ teaspoon kosher salt in a mini food processor.
- Process until completely smooth, stopping to scrape down sides as needed. Set aside.
- For shrimp, combine chili powder, remaining 1 teaspoon coriander, and ½ teaspoon kosher salt in a medium bowl. Pat shrimp dry with paper towels then add to bowl with spices and toss to coat.
- Heat avocado oil in a large skillet over medium until shimmering.
- Add shrimp in an even layer and cook, without moving, until bottom sides of shrimp are browned and starting to curl, 2 minutes. Flip shrimp and cook 1 minute. Remove from heat and sprinkle 1 teaspoon lime zest over top.
- To warm tortillas, heat a cast-iron skillet over medium-high, place tortillas in skillet and warm until starting to become toasty, 15–30 seconds each side. Or, for a quicker option, place tortillas over medium-low open flame on stove top and warm, flipping occasionally, until warmed and starting to char.
- To assemble, spread avocado sauce on one half of each tortilla, scoop slaw onto other half, then nestle three shrimp right in middle. Sprinkle lime zest over top and serve with additional slaw on side.
Gluten-free: serve in corn tortillas.
Dairy-free: use dairy-free yogurt to make the avocado crema.
- Serving Size: 2 tacos
- Calories: 399
- Sugar: 5g
- Sodium: 918mg
- Fat: 19g
- Saturated Fat: 4g
- Carbohydrates: 32g
- Fiber: 6g
- Protein: 29g
- Cholesterol: 225mg
Keywords: cilantro lime shrimp tacos