- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons minced shallot
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1½ teaspoons honey*
- ½ teaspoon minced fresh garlic
- Kosher salt and black pepper to taste
Whisk together oil, vinegar, shallot, Dijon, honey, and garlic; season with salt and black pepper.
Store vinaigrette in the refrigerator, but keep in mind it’ll harden during refrigeration. Set vinaigrette out at room temperature for 15 minutes before using, then whisk and use as desired.
* make it vegan: use maple syrup in place of honey.