Refreshing and flavorful, these green bloody marys are made with tomatillos, yellow cherry tomatoes, tart green apple, jalapeño and fresh herbs.
- 1 cup yellow cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3 tomatillos, chopped (1½ cups)
- ½ green apple, chopped
- 1 jalapeño, stemmed and chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 1 sprig each parsley and cilantro
- 1 small clove garlic
- 1 teaspoon each salt and Worcestershire
- ½ teaspoon green hot sauce
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon celery seed
- 4 ounces vodka, divided
- Garnish with lime wedges, yellow cherry tomatoes, apple slices, herbs
- Hot sauce
Add all ingredients, except vodka, to a blender and blend until smooth, scraping down sides of blender as needed.
Strain mixture through a fine-mesh sieve; * discard solids.
Fill two collins glasses with ice and pour 2 ounces vodka into each glass. Divide tomato mixture between glasses and stir to combine. Season with additional lime juice, horseradish, Worcestershire, hot sauce and salt to desired taste.
* I don’t like chunks in my bloody marys, but if you do, only strain half or three-quarters of the mixture.
Equipment you’ll need:
Blender (a high-powered blender works best for this recipe)
Make is vegan:
Leave Worcestershire out or use liquid aminos in its place
- Serving Size: 1 cocktail
- Calories: 197
- Sugar: 9g
- Sodium: 1196mg
- Fat: 0g
- Saturated Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 15g
- Fiber: 4g
- Protein: 2g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: Bloody Mary, Green Bloody Mary, Green Cocktail, Brunch Cocktail