- 1 cup sweet potato purée
- 1 can low-sodium chickpeas (15.5 ounces), drained and rinsed
- 1–2 tablespoons prepared harissa*
- 2 cloves garlic
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup tahini
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 tablespoons toasted hazelnuts, chopped (optional)
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley (optional)
Add sweet potato purée, chickpeas, harissa, garlic, and salt; process until chickpeas are “chopped,” about 30 seconds.
Add tahini and process 1 minute. With processor running, stream in 2 tablespoons oil, lemon juice and water; process until smooth. Season with additional harissa and salt to taste.
Spread hummus into a serving bowl.
Whisk together a dollop of harissa and remaining 1 tablespoon oil. Spoon harissa oil over hummus then sprinkle hazelnuts and parsley over top.
Serve with naan, pita, crackers, chips or veggies.
*depending on heat preference, I prefer 2 tablespoons, if you’re hesitant on spice level, start with 1 tablespoon, prepare as directed, then taste and adjust harissa level as desired.
- Serving Size: 2 tablespoons
- Calories: 57
- Sugar: 1g
- Sodium: 82mg
- Fat: 4g
- Saturated Fat: .5g
- Carbohydrates: 4.5g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 1g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: sweet potato hummus, harissa hummus, hummus