Ready in less than 30 minutes, this is a great recipe for summer dinners! Light, herby, and crunchy, this modern cucumber salad is the ideal side dish for any grilled meat or fish.
- ¼ cup full-fat Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon tarragon or white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil + more for serving
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 english cucumber, sliced ⅛-inch thick (about 3 ½ cups)
- 1 shallot, halved and thinly sliced
- ¼ cup mixed chopped fresh herbs such as dill, mint, parsley and/or tarragon
In a medium bowl, whisk together Greek yogurt, vinegar, oil, salt and pepper. Just before serving, add cucumber, shallot and herbs and toss to coat; season with additional salt and pepper to taste.
Drizzle servings with olive oil.
Make it dairy-free & vegan: use plain dairy-free yogurt in place of Greek yogurt.
Add some citrus: for a bit more zing, add some minced lemon zest and/or lemon juice.
- Serving Size: 3/4 cup
- Calories: 54
- Sugar: 2.5g
- Sodium: 298mg
- Fat: 2.5g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Carbohydrates: 5g
- Fiber: 0.5g
- Protein: 1.5g
- Cholesterol: 2mg
Keywords: cucumber salad, creamy cucumber salad