Savory and bold in flavor, this Healthy Mediterranean Pasta Salad is made with bean or whole-wheat pasta, an oregano vinaigrette, fresh veggies and briny olives. Perfect as a side dish, lunch, or all-in-one meal!
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano (or 1 ½ teaspoons dried)
- 2 teaspoon Dijon
- 2 teaspoons honey
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 8 ounces bean or lentil pasta, such as Banza rotini, or whole-wheat pasta of choice
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- ¾ cup sliced green olives
- ½ cup thinly sliced shallot
- ½ cup chopped sun dried tomatoes
- 4 cups chopped spinach or arugula
- ½ cup chopped basil
- 2 ounces crumbles fresh goat cheese
Cook pasta until al dente, about 1 minutes less than listed on package directions.
Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk together oil, vinegar, oregano, Dijon, honey, and pepper flakes.
Drain pasta and add to bowl with vinaigrette; toss to coat. Add chickpeas, olives, shallot, and sun dried tomatoes; and mix to combine. Add spinach and basil and toss to combine; season with salt and pepper to taste. Sprinkle goat cheese over top and stir just until combined.
Refrigerate until ready to serve.
If making ahead (or if you have leftovers), store pasta salad in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Stored this way, pasta salad will last up to 5 days.
Keywords: healthy pasta salad, mediterranean pasta salad, pasta salad