Light, airy, fluffy—this recipe makes the best whipped cream from scratch.
- 1 cup cold heavy cream or heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons confectioners’ sugar or granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Combine the cream, sugar, and vanilla in the chilled bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment.
- Whisk the mixture on low until bubbly, 1 minute.
- Increase speed to medium-high and whip until stiff peaks form, 30–45 seconds.
A chilled metal bowl + chilled whisk works best for whipping.