A simple cucumber salad you’ll keep coming back to time and time again. It’s spicy, easy to make (just 30 minutes!) and perfect alongside any Korean dish.
- 1 large cucumber (English, Japanese, Persian or a 2 Kirby), thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon rice or distilled white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons Gochugaru (Korean chili pepper flakes)
- 1 scallion, thinly sliced
- Toasted sesame seeds, optional
- Toss cucumbers and salt together in a colander; set over a bowl or in sink for 15 minutes.
- In a large bowl, whisk together vinegar, honey, sesame oil, and chili flakes.
- Shake colander lightly to shake away excess moisture. Add salted cucumber slices and scallion to bowl with vinaigrette; toss to coat.
- Season with additional salt and gochugaru to taste. Finish with sesame seeds and serve.
I do not recommend making this salad ahead of time.
- Serving Size: 1/4 of the recipe
- Calories: 58
- Sugar: 5.5g
- Sodium: 584mg
- Fat: 3.5g
- Saturated Fat: 0.5g
- Carbohydrates: 7g
- Fiber: 0.5g
- Protein: 0.5g
Keywords: Korean cucumber salad