Chicken Florentine Pasta for One
- Yield: 1 serving
- 1 cup whole wheat dry penne pasta
- 1 boneless, skinless chicken breast cubed and season with salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ¼ cup white onion, diced
- ¾ cup chicken broth
- ¼ cup cream
- 1 cup fresh arugula or spinach
- ½ cup grape tomatoes, halved lengthwise
- Shaved Parmesan cheese for garnish
- Fresh basil for garnish
- Cook pasta according to package directions in a pot of boiling salted water.
- In large skillet over high, heat butter and oil.
- Add chicken and cook 4–5 minutes until browned and cooked through, remove from skillet and set aside.
- Reduce heat to medium, add garlic and onion and cook for about a minute. Add chicken broth and stir, making sure to scrape up any browned bits. Bring to a low boil and cook until liquid has reduced by about half of its volume. Add cream and stir to combine.
- Stir in arugula, cherry tomatoes, pasta, and chicken. Garnish with Parmesan and fresh basil, serve.