This Moroccan Carrot Salad with raisins, nuts and fresh herbs is easy to make, pairs well with a variety of dishes and is perfect for weekly meal preps!
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey or maple syrup
- 1 ½ teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 ½ teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh garlic
- 1 bag shredded carrots (10 ounces), about 4 cups
- ⅔ cup sliced scallions
- ½ cup golden raisins
- ¼ cup chopped toasted pecans
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro, or parsley
- Salt and black pepper to taste
In a large bowl, whisk together oil, vinegar, honey, Dijon, curry powder, and garlic.
Add carrots, scallions, raisins, pecans, and cilantro; toss to combine. Season salad with salt and pepper to taste.
Serve or cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Salad keeps up to 5 days stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Ingredient substitutions: You can swap the scallions for shallots, raisins for dates or currants, pecans for pistachios or almonds, and cilantro for parsley.
Make it vegan: use coconut sugar or maple syrup in place of the honey.
- Serving Size: 1/2 cup
- Calories: 96
- Sugar: 7g
- Sodium: 79mg
- Fat: 6g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Carbohydrates: 10g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 1g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: Carrot raisin salad, Moroccan carrot salad, carrot salad, carrot and raisin salad