Serve oysters on the half shell with a roasted beet mignonette for an easy and festive holiday appetizer. Vibrant in color, this recipe can easily be served for a small party or multiplied for a large get-together.
- ¼ cup tarragon or cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons finely diced roasted beet
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- 1½ teaspoon minced parsley
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ⅛ teaspoon honey
- 1 dozen fresh oysters, shucked, on the half shell
- Crushed ice or rock salt for serving (optional)
Combine all ingredients except oysters and ice; chill.
Arrange oysters on the half shell on a bed of shaved ice or rock salt. Spoon mignonette over oysters and enjoy.