A vibrant pea salad featuring a tangy vinaigrette, fresh mint and shallot. Piled atop a bed of silky smooth whipped goat cheese, this is one stunning side dish!
- 4 ounces fresh goat cheese
- 3 tablespoons buttermilk
- Kosher salt and cracked black pepper
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil + more for serving
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon honey
- 6–8 ounces sugar snap peas, thinly sliced
- 6–8 ounces snow peas, strings removed and thinly sliced
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- ½ cup thinly sliced shallot
- ⅓ cup fresh mint, roughly chopped
- 1 lemon, zested
In a medium bowl, vigorously whisk together goat cheese, buttermilk, and ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper until light and airy (this will take some muscle!).
In a large bowl whisk together oil, vinegar and Dijon; season with salt and pepper. Add snap peas, snow peas, thawed green peas, shallot, and mint; toss to combine.
Spread goat cheese mixture over a large plate or platter. Pile pea mixture over top and finish with a few turns of cracked pepper, minced fresh lemon zest and a drizzle of olive oil.
Snow and Snap Peas: I offer a range in weight because the size of bags that snow and snap peas come in can range from 6 to 8 ounces. Either size works for both types of peas. If you can't find snow peas substitute with snap peas, and vice versa.
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 172
- Sugar: 5.5g
- Sodium: 282mg
- Fat: 8.5g
- Saturated Fat: 3g
- Carbohydrates: 14g
- Fiber: 4g
- Protein: 8.5g
- Cholesterol: 16mg
Keywords: pea salad, pea salad recipe, green pea salad, snap pea salad