- Red Pepper Jam
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon white onion or shallot, minced
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 (10-13-ounce) jar of red pepper jam
- 2 roma tomatoes, diced
- 3 tablespoons sundried tomatoes, chopped
- Fresh basil, to taste
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, cook tomato paste, garlic, and onion for about one minute until garlic and onion become fragrant.
- Add vinegar and whisk to incorporate.
- Add jam, diced tomatoes, and sun dried tomatoes. Simmer for 30 minutes over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat, season to taste and top with fresh basil.
The jam with be fairly runny so allowing it to slightly cool before serving will help.