Easy to make and ready in minutes, this tomatillo salsa verde is a delicious and versatile salsa!
- 1 pound tomatillos, husks removed and rinsed
- 1 small white onion, quartered
- 1 serrano chile, stemmed
- ½ cup fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh garlic
- 1 teaspoon honey or maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, plus more to taste
Heat broiler to high with rack set 6 inches from element.
Transfer tomatillos, onion, serrano, and any accumulated juices to a food processor. Add cilantro, garlic, honey, and salt and purée until smooth; season with salt taste.
If you’re hesitant about the spice level in this salsa, seed the serrano chile before puréeing or swap in a jalapeño for the serrano.
Make it vegan: Use maple syrup or white sugar in place of the honey.
Keywords: tomatillo salsa verde, salsa verde, homemade salsa verde