- 16 ½-inch thick slices crusty multi-grain baguette bread
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- 12 ounces shiitake mushrooms, stemmed, wiped clean, and halved
- 1½ teaspoons minced fresh garlic
- 1½ teaspoon minced fresh thyme
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1 teaspoon minced lemon zest
- Salt to taste
- 4 ounces goat cheese
- 2 tablespoons apricot jam
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- ¼ cup toasted and chopped pecans
- Extra-virgin olive oil
Preheat oven to 375°.
Arrange bread slices on baking sheet and brush tops with 2 tablespoons oil. Bake slices until golden and crispy, 15 minutes. Let cool 5 minutes then rub toasted slices with garlic clove.
In a large skillet, heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil over medium until shimmering. Add mushrooms and cook, stirring every 2–3 minutes until softened and golden brown, 12 minutes. Add garlic and thyme and cook 1 minute. Deglaze pan with sherry, scraping up any brown bits. Remove from heat and stir in zest; season with salt and black pepper.
Combine goat cheese, jam, ½ teaspoon pepper, and nutmeg; season with salt.
Spread goat cheese mixture on toasted bread slices, top with mushroom mixture, and sprinkle with pecans. Drizzle olive oil over tops, if desired, and serve.