Smoked trout is the star of the show in this fresh green salad. Tossed with a healthy creamy horseradish dressing, this bold-flavored salad is spectacular!
Creamy Horseradish Dressing:
- ¼ cup plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon walnut oil or extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- 2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- Zest of ½ a lemon (about ¼ teaspoon)
- ¼ teaspoon honey
- Black pepper to taste
- 3 cups arugula
- ½ cup halved, and thinly sliced radishes
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced chives
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon capers, drained and roughly chopped
- 1 package smoked trout fillets (8 oz.), skin removed and fish torn into 1-inch pieces (such as Ducktrap River)
- ¼ – ½ cup microgreens for garnish (I used Red Rambo Radish)
- Chive blossoms for garnish
Whisk together yogurt, oil, vinegar, shallot, horseradish, salt, zest, and honey; season with black pepper.
In a large bowl toss arugula, radishes, chives, dill, and capers with half of the dressing. Transfer salad to a serving platter, arrange trout around edges, and drizzle with remaining dressing. Garnish salad with microgreens and chives blossoms.
Look for prepared horseradish in the refrigerated deli area, you don’t want the creamy horseradish spread found near the ketchup and mustard.
Serve with a few chunks of dark rye bread and a glass of Garnacha Rosé or sparkling wine.
- Calories: 112
- Sugar: 2g
- Sodium: 383mg
- Fat: 5g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Carbohydrates: 4g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 15g
- Cholesterol: 1mg
Keywords: Smoked trout, Horseradish dressing