- 1 pound pizza dough, or one prepared crust
- Corn meal for dusting
- Olive oil
- ½ cup boursin cheese, at room temperature
- ½ cup low fat cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- ⅓ cup fresh dill, roughly chopped
- 3 ounces smoked salmon
- 4 stalks fresh asparagus
- ¼ - ½ cup pickled red onions (see recipe below)
- 3 tablespoons capers
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1 lemon
- Heat oven to 500°F.
- Place a pizza stone or cookie sheet in the bottom of the oven until heated through.
- For fresh dough, cover flat surface with a generous amount of corn meal.
- Roll out pizza dough to desired thickness and shape. Transfer to cookie sheet or pizza stone.
- Drizzle with a little bit of olive oil and bake for 5-8 minutes, until slightly puffy.
- If using prepared crust, place in oven for 2-3 minutes before continuing on.
- Meanwhile, combine both cheeses, 3 Tablespoons fresh dill, minced garlic and salt and pepper.
- Slice smoked salmon in ¼ inch pieces, they will fall apart into chunks which is what you are looking for.
- Slice asparagus thinly and at a diagonal.
- When crust is done baking for the first time, remove and spread cheese over the surface.
- Top with salmon, asparagus, pickled onion, capers and a drizzle of olive oil.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes until crust is crispy and golden brown.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle remaining dill, cracked pepper and a squeeze of fresh lemon juice.