This simple summer salad with peaches, burrata, and a mixture of fresh herbs is perfect for dinner on the patio. Stunning in presentation, and featuring some ingredients that are often overlooked, this leafy green salad is bound to be a hit.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white wine or red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon honey
- ¼ teaspoon crushed pink peppercorns (optional)
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 head butter lettuce, torn into pieces
- ½ cup torn fresh basil leaves
- ¼ cup chopped fresh chives
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon thyme
- 2 peaches, pitted and sliced
- ½ cup yellow cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 ball fresh burrata, drained
- 1 tablespoon pine nuts
Whisk together oil, vinegar, lemon juice, honey, and pink peppercorns for the vinaigrette; season with salt and black pepper.
Toss lettuce, basil, chives, and lemon thyme together; transfer to a platter. Arrange peaches, tomatoes, and buratta over salad. Sprinkle with pine nuts, drizzle with vinaigrette, and serve.
You can find burrata in the specialty cheese section of your local grocery store and is often packaged in a brine solution in clear plastic tubs.