This recipe for grilled Triple Herb Chicken & Zucchini Skewers is perfect for dinner on the patio! Made with a mixture of fresh herbs, lemon, and olive oil, these easy chicken skewers are perfect for any occasion.
- ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Minced zest of 1 lemon
- ¼ cup minced fresh basil
- ¼ cup minced fresh parsley
- ¼ cup minced scallions
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh oregano
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh garlic
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast, cubed
- 2 zucchini squash, peeled into ribbons
- 1 red onion, cut into wedges
Combine oil, zest, basil, parsley, scallions, oregano, garlic, salt, and pepper in a large bowl; reserve ¼ cup marinade.
Add chicken to remaining marinade and stir to coat; cover and refrigerate 30 minutes. Meanwhile, alternate threading zucchini and onion onto wood skewers. Brush with reserved ¼ cup marinade.
Heat a grill pan or grill over medium; coat with nonstick spray.
Grill zucchini skewers until vegetables are tender and charred on all sides, 6–8 minutes.
Thread chicken onto 4–6 wood skewers; discard marinade. Grill chicken, covered, until cooked through, turning to grill on all sides, 10 minutes.
What you will need for this recipe:
- Wood skewers
- Grill or grill pan
- Nonstick spray
- This recipe (and menu) is designed to serve 4–6 people. The reason for giving a range depends on if you choose to serve additional dishes than the menu given.
- If serving the Casual Summer Dinner Party menu as is, I would plan for it to serve 4 people. However, if you have more then 4 people, each one of these recipes easily doubles, triples, etc.