- 10 ounces dark chocolate (at least 72% cacao), chopped (use certified vegan dark chocolate if following a strict diet)
- 2/3 cup coconut milk (full fat or light)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla bean paste
- 1 teaspoon pure orange extract
- Pinch ground Himalayan salt or sea salt
- Good quality unsweetened cocoa powder
Place chocolate in a glass or metal bowl, set aside.
In a glass measuring cup, heat coconut milk on high until just starting to simmer, 1–1 ½ minutes. Pour hot coconut milk over chocolate, cover with plastic wrap and let sit 5 minutes.
Add extract, vanilla bean paste, and salt; gently stir ganache until smooth and completely incorporated. Transfer ganache to an 8-inch square baking dish, and spread into an even layer. Let sit at room temperature for 1 hour, then cover and refrigerate until firm and scoopable, about 1 hour.
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Scoop ganache by teaspoon, gently roll between palms, and transfer to prepared sheet, refrigerate 30 minutes.
Roll truffles in cocoa then transfer to an airtight container and store in refrigerator. Bring to room temperature before enjoying.
Bring truffles to room temperature before enjoying.