- 10 ounces dark chocolate (at least 72% cacao), chopped (use certified vegan dark chocolate if following a strict diet)
- 2/3 cup canned coconut milk (full fat)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla bean paste
- 1 teaspoon pure orange extract
- Pinch ground Himalayan salt or sea salt
- Good quality unsweetened cocoa powder
Place chocolate in a glass or metal bowl, set aside.
In a glass measuring cup, heat coconut milk on high until just starting to simmer, 1–1 ½ minutes. Pour hot coconut milk over chocolate, cover with plastic wrap and let sit 5 minutes.
Add extract, vanilla bean paste, and salt; gently stir ganache until smooth and completely incorporated.
Transfer ganache to an 8-inch square baking dish, and spread into an even layer. Let sit at room temperature for 1 hour, then cover and refrigerate until firm and scoopable, about 1 hour.
Roll truffles in cocoa then transfer to an airtight container and store in refrigerator. Bring to room temperature before enjoying.
Bring truffles to room temperature before enjoying.