Healthy Date Nut Bread
1: gather ingredients
whole wheat flour
baking powder, baking soda, salt
olive oil and butter
cinnamon and ginger
vanilla and bourbon (optional)
chopped dates and nuts
turbinado or demerara sugar
2. add dry ingredients to a bowl
and whisk to combine
3. combine wet ingredients and whisk to combine
4. add chopped dates and let soak 10 minutes
5. add flour mixture to wet mixture
...and fold to combine...
some pockets of flour are OK
6. add nuts...
and fold to combine
7. spread into a parchment-lined loaf pan
8. sprinkle with turbinado or demerara sugar
9. bake until golden brown and a toothpick inserted comes out with a few moist crumbs attached
Golden, gorgeous, moist and delicious!
enjoy for breakfast, as a snack, or give as a gift!
click below for the recipe!
FIND MORE HEALTHY BAKING RECIPES