This herby white bean salad can fit into any occasion whether you’re serving up a simple lunch at home, in charge of a potluck side, or just need something for quick for dinner.
- ½ large shallot, finely chopped (3 tablespoons)
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- Kosher salt
- ½ cup finely chopped tender herbs, such as mint and dill (parsley, cilantro and chives also work)
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 (15-ounce) can white beans, drained and rinsed (cannellini beans, navy beans, black eyed pear and/or chickpeas all work)
- ½–1 teaspoon pepper flakes of choice, such as urfa pepper or crushed red pepper flakes
- Combine shallot, vinegar and ½ teaspoon kosher salt in a small bowl; let sit 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl combine herbs with oil to coat.
- Add beans, pepper flakes and shallot-vinegar mixture; toss gently to combine and season with salt and additional pepper flakes to taste.
Store bean salad in a glass airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
Keywords: white bean salad, white bean salad recipe