For the salad:
- 2 avocados, sliced ¼-inch thick
- 2 grapefruit, supremed (segmented)
- 2 oranges (I prefer Cara Cara), supremed (segmented)
- ¼ cup chopped fresh mint
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- ¼ cup hazelnuts, toasted, skinned, and chopped (or toasted slivered almonds)
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced scallion greens
For the vinaigrette:
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil or avocado oil
- 1 tablespoon white balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon minced scallion whites
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon honey or maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon white pepper
Arrange avocado slices in a single layer on a large plate, then place grapefruit segments and orange segments evenly over top.
Sprinkle mint, cilantro, hazelnuts, and scallions over top.
For the vinaigrette, whisk together oil, vinegar, scallion whites, Dijon, honey, salt, and pepper.
Drizzle dressing over salad and serve immediately.
To supreme citrus, check out this how-to video.