- 1 slice whole-wheat bread, toasted
- ⅓ cup toasted slivered almonds
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 jar roasted red peppers (12 oz.), drained
- 1 large tomato, cored and chopped
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 1 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- Red pepper flakes to taste
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 2 heads cauliflower
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and black pepper
- Chopped fresh parsley
- Pulse bread, almonds, and garlic in a food processor until finely ground. Add red peppers, tomato, parsley, vinegar, and red pepper flakes. Purée until smooth; season with salt and black pepper.
- Trim leaves from cauliflower heads. Place heads steam side down and cut, top to bottom, into 1-inch thick slices, or “steaks”. Place steaks on a sheet pan, brush both sides with oil, and season with salt and pepper.
- Heat a large cast iron skillet over medium-high for 5 minutes. Add 2–3 steaks, place an additional cast iron skillet, or weighted pan, on top of steaks, and cook until charred, about 2–3 minutes. Flip steaks and cook another 2–3 minutes until charred. Transfer to a serving platter and repeat with remaining steaks. Garnish with parsley and serve with Romesco Sauce.