Smooth dark chocolate and crunchy millet combine to create the base of this crunchy coconut bark. Topped with toasted coconut, freeze dried berries and sea salt, this bark is full of texture and flavor.
- 8 ounces dark chocolate (70%), divided
- ¼ cup dry millet
- ¼ teaspoon orange extract, divided (optional)
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons Bare Snacks toasted coconut chips, lightly crushed
- 2 tablespoons freeze dried strawberries or raspberries, lightly crushed
- 1 teaspoon cardamom pods, chopped, green parts only, seeds discarded (optional)
- Sea salt
Line a baking sheet with wax paper.
Melt 4 ounces chocolate in a double boiler (a glass bowl set over a saucepan of simmering water) over medium until smooth.
Off heat, stir in millet and ⅛ teaspoon orange extract; spread into a ¼-inch layer on wax paper and let cool.
Melt remaining 4 ounces chocolate and coconut oil in a double boiler over medium heat until smooth.
Off heat, stir in remaining ⅛ teaspoon extract and let cool 5 minutes; spread over cooled chocolate-millet layer and sprinkle with coconut chips, berries, cardamom pods, and sea salt (be generous with the salt).
Let bark cool and set completely then cut or break into pieces.
Store bark in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks or freeze for up to 2 months.
Equipment you’ll need:
- Sauce pan
- Glass bowl
- Baking sheet
- Wax paper
Make it vegan:
- Use certified vegan dark chocolate.
- Serving Size: Per piece (calculated from 10 pieces per batch)
- Calories: 148
- Sodium: 23mg
- Fat: 8g
- Saturated Fat: 5g
- Carbohydrates: 18g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 2g
- Cholesterol: 5mg
Keywords: Chocolate Dessert, Candy