Mexican rice bowls featuring Cilantro Lime Brown Rice and a saucy fajita mixture! Quick to make, healthy and packed with flavor!
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup diced white onion
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh garlic
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 can diced tomatoes in juice (15 ounces)
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken or turkey
- 1 can Navy or Cannellini Beans (14.5 ounces), drained and rinsed
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- ½ cup water
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 recipe Cilantro Lime Brown Rice or Mexican Cauliflower Rice
- 1 avocado, diced
- Fresh cilantro and lime wedges, for serving
Heat oil in a large sauté pan over medium heat. Add pepper and onion and cook until softened and starting to brown, 5–8 minutes.
Add garlic and cumin and cook 30 seconds. Stir in tomatoes and chicken or turkey (depending on what you’re using) and cook until heated through, 3–5 minutes; stir in beans.
Whisk together water and cornstarch, stir cornstarch slurry into tomato mixture, bring to a simmer and cook until thickened, about 2 minutes; season with salt and pepper to taste.
Serve chicken and veggie mixture over Cilantro Lime Brown Rice and top with diced avocado, cilantro and lime wedges.
Make it low-carb: use cauliflower rice in place of the brown rice.
- Serving Size: 1 cup fajita mix + 3/4 cup rice
- Calories: 483
- Sugar: 6.5
- Sodium: 668mg
- Fat: 14g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Carbohydrates: 61g
- Fiber: 12g
- Protein: 28g
- Cholesterol: 54mg
Keywords: Mexican Rice Bowls, Fajita Bowls, Chicken Rice Bowls, Turkey Rice Bowls, Meal Prep Rice Bowls