Enjoy the flavors of summer all year long with this easy peach freezer jam flavored with vanilla and lemon.
- 1 ½ pounds ripe peaches, pitted and cut into 1-inch pieces (4 ½–5 cups)
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla bean paste, divided
- 1 teaspoon minced lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- rounded ¼ teaspoon pink peppercorns (or ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper)
- ½ cup honey
- ⅔ cup sugar in the raw
- ½ package Sure Jell Premium Fruit Pectin For Less or No Sugar Needed Recipes (25 grams or 2 Tbsp. + 2 ½ tsp.)
- ½ cup water
- ground black pepper, optional
Heat oven to 450°F; line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Toss peaches with 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste, arrange in a single layer on prepared sheet. Roast peaches 15 minutes; let cool slightly.
Transfer peaches, and any juices, to the bowl of a food processor with lemon juice, zest, salt and pepper; pulse until nearly smooth. Transfer peach mixture to a large bowl with honey and remaining ½ teaspoon vanilla bean paste; stir to combine.
Whisk together sugar and pectin in a saucepan. Stir in water and bring to a boil over medium-high heat; boil 45 seconds (start timing right when the mixture comes to a simmer), stirring constantly.
Working quickly, stir pectin mixture into peach mixture until well combined. Season the jam to taste with additional salt and black pepper.
Divide jam among four 8-ounce jars, leaving ¼–½ inch of room at the top. Seal jars and leave jam at room temperature until set, at least an hour and up to overnight, but no longer than 24 hours.
Refrigerate jam up to 3 weeks or freeze for up to 1 year. Thaw jam in refrigerator before using.
- Serving Size: 2 tablespoons
- Calories: 47
- Sugar: 12g
- Sodium: 24mg
- Fat: 0g
- Saturated Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 12g
- Fiber: 0.5g
- Protein: 0g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: peach jam, peach freezer jam, freezer jam