Deep brown, and perfectly tender, this is the ultimate Brussels sprouts side dish recipe.
- 6 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 pounds Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved lengthwise
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- ½ cup toasted sliced almonds or chopped walnuts
Heat oven to 500°F with rack set in middle position.
Toss sliced garlic with 1 teaspoon oil; set aside.
Toss sprouts with remaining oil to evenly coat; season with salt and pepper. Transfer sprouts to a baking sheet and arrange cut side down in a single layer.
Tightly cover baking sheet with foil and roast 10 minutes.
Remove foil from baking sheet and continue to roast 5–7 minutes more until deep golden brown. Add garlic to baking sheet and roast 2–3 minutes more until garlic is golden and toasted.
Transfer sprouts and garlic to a serving dish and stir in vinegar and walnuts; season with salt and pepper.