Sick of leftover turkey sandwiches? Get creative with your Thanksgiving leftovers with these healthy ideas and recipes!
How to use Thanksgiving leftovers:
Any recipe that calls for cooked chicken can use cooked turkey instead.
- Frittatas and quiche
- Pot pies
- Shepard’s Pie
Spoon leftover gravy over…
- Shepherd’s pie
- Roasted chicken or cornish hens
- Leftover gravy can be frozen up to 3 months.
- Combine cranberry sauce and bottled BBQ sauce and toss with cocktail meatballs, pulled pork, or pulled chicken.
- Serve over roasted chicken or pork
- Sweet cranberry sauce can be mixed into muffin batters
- Combine sweet cranberry sauce with maple syrup and drizzle over pancakes or waffles.
Use mashed potatoes for…
- Shepherds Pie
- Potato cakes or waffles (try these sweet potato waffles using sweet potato casserole or purée—use whole wheat flour.)
- Potato rolls
- Gnocchi (A recipe I helped develop while working at Cuisine at Home Magazine!)
- To thicken soups (check out this Cheese Broccoli Potato Soup!)