These pear margaritas feature a spiced pear simple syrup made with cinnamon, nutmeg, clove and ginger. Warm and cozy, this winter margarita recipe is perfect for cold weather tequila cravings!
Ingredients needed for this pear cocktail:
- tequila (blanco or reposado—though reposado adds a nice warm and depth of flavor).
- fresh lime juice
- ginger liqueur, such as Domain de Canton (you can also use orange liqueur such as Grand Marnier or triple sec)
- fresh pears, Bosc is best for this recipe
- fresh knob of ginger
- ground cinnamon
- freshly grated or ground nutmeg
- ground cloves
Spiced Honey Simple Syrup
These winter margaritas feature a warm honey simple syrup flavored with cinnamon, nutmeg, clove and ginger. It's no secret I love making simple syrup with honey or maple syrup.
Not only is it more natural, but it's more flavorful, too. A honey simple syrup is especially delicious in spiced cocktails, such as this margarita, where warmth and depth of flavor is top priority.
How to make this spiced honey simple syrup
- Combine honey, water, half of a pear (sliced), and spices in a small saucepan.
- Bring mixture to a simmer over medium heat and cook 4 minutes.
- Remove pan from heat and let steep for at least 15 minutes, though an hour is best.
- Pass the simple syrup through a fine mesh strainer and discard solids (or reserve the poached pears for garnishing the cocktail, snacking on, or topping pancakes/waffles).
- Store spiced honey simple syrup in a glass airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
How to make these winter margaritas
- Make the simple syrup (see right above this) and allow it to cool (at least slightly, I'm impatient too).
- Combine tequila, lime juice, simple syrup, and ginger liqueur in a shaker filled with ice.
- Secure lid and shake vigorously until chilled.
- Strain cocktail into two rocks glasses filled with ice.
- Garnish cocktails with a fresh pear slice (or garnish with reserved poached pear slices from the simple syrup).
- Use pear juice or pear purée in the simple syrup instead of fresh pears.
- Swap lime juice for lemon juice for something a little brighter.
- Rim margarita glasses with a salted rim for a nod to the classic cocktail.
More Cocktail Recipes You May Like...
- Chocolate Orange Negroni
- The Best New York Sour Cocktail
- Red Wine Apple Cider Sangria
- Apple Bourbon Smash
- Fig Infused Bourbon
Make sure to tag me @ZESTFULKITCHEN ON INSTAGRAM or tag #zestfulkitchen on social media if you make a recipe!
And if you’re a cocktail lover like I am, be sure to follow along on Instagram where every Friday I share a new cocktail recipe!
Don’t forget, if you make this Pear Margarita, leave a comment and rating below!
To pin this recipe and save it for later, you can click the button on any of the photos, or the red button on the bar below the recipe. Cheers!Print
Featuring a pear simple syrup flavored with warm spices, this margarita recipe is perfect for fall and winter!
Spiced Pear Syrup:
- ½ cup honey
- ½ cup water
- ½ Bosc pear, sliced
- 1-inch knob ginger, sliced
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ⅛ teaspoon ground cloves
- 3 ounces tequila (blanco or reposado works)
- 2 ounces fresh lime juice
- 1 ½ ounces spiced pear syrup
- 1 ounce ginger liqueur, such as Domain de Canton
- Pear slices for garnish
For the Spiced Pear Simple Syrup:
Combine honey, water, pear, ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg and clove in a saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a simmer and cook 4 minutes. Remove from heat and let stand at least 15 minutes (1 hour is ideal). Strain syrup through a fine mesh strainer.
Discard solids or reserve for garnish, or for another use.
For the Margaritas:
Add tequila, lime juice, Spiced Pear Syrup, and ginger liqueur to a cocktail shaker filled with ice. Secure lid and shake vigorously until thoroughly chilled. Strain margaritas into two rocks glasses filled with ice and garnish with pear slices.
The spiced syrup makes enough for 10 cocktails.
Store spiced pear syrup in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
- Serving Size: 1 margarita
- Calories: 181
- Sugar: 11g
- Sodium: 1mg
- Fat: 0g
- Saturated Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 13g
- Fiber: 0g
- Protein: 0g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: pear cocktail, pear margarita, winter margarita