Crispy baked cauliflower bites dunked in a creamy sweet and spicy sauce. Perfect as an appetizer or vegetarian dinner!
- 3 large eggs
- 2 cups whole-wheat Panko bread crumbs* (or gluten-free as needed)
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1½ teaspoons garlic powder
- Salt and pepper
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour**
- ¼ cup cornstarch or arrowroot starch
- 1 large head cauliflower (about 2 pounds), cut into florets
- ¼ cup mayonnaise***
- 2 tablespoons sweet chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon sriracha
- 1 teaspoon rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Thinly sliced scallions, serranos, and sesame seeds (optional)
- Bibb lettuce and thinly sliced english cucumbers for lettuce wraps (optional)
Beat eggs together in a shallow bowl. Combine Panko, oil, garlic powder, 1¼ teaspoon salt, and 1 teaspoon pepper in a second shallow bowl. Whisk together flour and cornstarch in a third bowl.
Dip a piece of cauliflower in flour mixture to coat; shaking excess flour off. Transfer to egg and dip, turning to coat; let excess egg drip off then dredge in Panko mixture to coat. Transfer coated cauliflower to prepared baking sheet. Repeat breading process with remaining cauliflower pieces.
Bake until cauliflower is crispy and golden, 22–25 minutes, flipping pieces and rotating pans halfway through.
For the sauce, whisk together mayonnaise, sweet chili sauce, sriracha, vinegar and honey.
Serve bang bang sauce on the side, drizzle it over top of the cauliflower, or toss the sauce with the baked cauliflower—you choose!
*If you're making this gluten-free, use a 1:1 baking flour blend instead of almond meal, corn meal, etc.
*** Vegan/avocado mayo also works well here!
Make it vegan: if you would like to make this vegan, use vegan buttermilk or aqua faba in place of the egg and use vegan mayonnaise.
Make it gluten-free: use gluten-free Panko or bread crumbs and use a 1:1 gluten-free flour blend.
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 150
- Sugar: 5g
- Sodium: 161mg
- Fat: 6g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Carbohydrates: 21g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 4g
- Cholesterol: 25mg
Keywords: bang bang cauliflower, vegan bang bang cauliflower, baked cauliflower bites