This simple dill ranch dressing is fresh, full of flavor and far healthier than classic ranch dressing recipes. It’s made with Greek yogurt and milk instead of sour cream and mayo, all while being just as creamy and delicious as ever!
Ingredients in Dill Ranch Dressing
- Whole milk Greek yogurt
- Whole milk
- White vinegar
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- Fresh dill
- Fresh chives
- Salt and pepper
Healthy Ranch Dressing
Most homemade ranch dressing recipes (and even store bought) use a combination of mayonnaise and sour cream in addition to a mix of herbs, seasonings and buttermilk. To achieve that same creaminess without all of the saturated fat I use a combination of whole milk Greek yogurt and milk.
To get that quintessential buttermilk flavor I add a splash of white vinegar—which essentially creates buttermilk. If you have buttermilk on hand, feel free to use that in place of the milk and vinegar.
One thing to note—I highly recommend using whole milk Greek yogurt. The fat content is what makes this so irresistibly creamy and flavorful. Plus, it's leaps and bounds healthier than sour cream or mayo. And an added bonus? It's full of protein.
Tips & Tricks
- For a shorter ingredient list, swap the milk and vinegar for buttermilk.
- Use fresh dill and fresh chives! Dried can be used in a pinch, but fresh is best.
- Whole milk Greek yogurt is the best here—it’s got a great balance of creaminess and tang. For a lower-fat dressing you can use 2% but I do not recommend 0% or fat-free Greek yogurt.
How to Use Dill Ranch
- Drizzled over your favorite salad.
- As a dipping sauce for crispy baked chicken.
- Drizzled over pan-seared salmon.
- Used in place of blue cheese dressing in this wedge salad.
- As a dip for veggies.
- Love your ranch dressing to be more decadent? Use mayonnaise in place of the Greek yogurt and add 2 tablespoons sour cream.
- Make it even herbier by adding minced fresh parsley.
- For a bright, citrusy take, use lemon juice instead of vinegar.
- Add minced green onions for a mild onion flavor.
More Salad Dressing & Vinaigrette Recipes to Love...
If you give this Dill Ranch Dressing a try, be sure to let me know! Leave a comment with a star rating below. You can also snap a photo & tag @zestfulkitchen on Instagram. I love hearing about and seeing your ZK creations!Print
This simple dill ranch dressing is fresh, full of flavor and far healthier than classic ranch dressing recipes.
- ¼ cup whole milk Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons whole milk
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh chives
- 1 small garlic clove, grated (½ teaspoon)
- Kosher salt and black pepper, to taste
Add ingredients to a liquid measuring cup or jar and mix to combine. Season with salt and pepper taste.
Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to one week.
Fresh dill and chives are ideal, but if you only have dried, start by using 2 teaspoons dried dill and 1 ½ teaspoons dried chives. Add more of each to desired taste.
- Serving Size: 2 tablespoons
- Calories: 60
- Sodium: 6mg
- Fat: 6g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Carbohydrates: 0.5g
- Fiber: 0g
- Protein: 1g
- Cholesterol: 2mg
Keywords: dill ranch, dill ranch dressing