This Thai curry night dinner menu is surprisingly simple for how flavorful and interesting it is. Featuring a creamy coconut green curry sauce served with golden pan-seared scallops and fork-tender broccolini, this savory entrée can easily stand alone. But throw in a Thai-inspired margarita and there’s nothing left to be desired.
If you like the green curry sauce, be sure to print it or bookmark it because it’s a versatile sauce that quickly transforms cooked meat or seafood into a meal. Mix and match the scallops in this dish for your favorite protein (or whatever you have on hand).
Same goes for the broccolini and black rice. Keep the base of this recipe the same just swap in your preferred veggies, grains and protein and this meal can seamlessly be added to your monthly rotation without it feeling repetitive.
Curry Night Menu
Cocktail: Thai Lemongrass Margarita
Make Ahead Tips:
Up to 2 days ahead:
- Cook rice according to package directions. Let cool then store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
- Chop onion, mince Serrano and mince ginger, combine and store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Up to 1 day ahead:
- Prepare green curry sauce according to recipe directions. Decrease simmer time to 5 minutes; remove from heat and let cool. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Finish preparing and serve:
- Reheat curry sauce on stove top over medium. Bring to a simmer and cook 5 minutes, add broccolini and cook according to recipe instructions.
- Sear scallops.
- Warm rice in microwave.
- Mix up margaritas.
- 4 limes
- 12 ounces broccolini (¾ pound)
- 1 bunch basil (optional)
- 1 bunch cilantro
- 1 knob ginger
- 1 package fresh lemongrass
- 1 bunch scallions
- 1 Serrano or jalapeno
- 1 bag black rice
- 1 jar green curry paste (such as this one by Thai Kitchen)
- 1 can full-fat coconut milk (14.5 ounces)
- 1 small bottle fish sauce
- 1 pound scallops, patted dry (about 12 scallops)
Check your pantry for:
- Curry powder
- Orange liquor
- Agave nectar
- Vegetable oil
- Coconut oil
- 1 white onion