A light, fresh and super simple crunchy celery salad! Enjoy as a lunch or serve alongside something savory for a perfectly balanced meal.
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons honey
- kosher salt
- red pepper flakes
- 1 bunch celery (10 large stalks), preferably with leaves intact
- ½ cup toasted and chopped pecans
- ⅓ cup chives, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 ounces Gruyère cheese, shaved
- In a large bowl whisk together oil, vinegar, Dijon, and honey; season with salt and red pepper flakes.
- Wash and trim celery (reserve celery leaves). Thinly slice celery on the bias. Chop celery leaves.
- Add celery, half the pecans, half the chives, and half the Gruyère to the bowl with vinaigrette. Toss to combine, season with salt to taste, then transfer to a serving plate.
- Top salad with remaining pecans, chives, and Gruyère. Sprinkle celery leaves and additional red pepper flakes over top. Serve immediately.
Dairy-free: skip the cheese.
Vegan: skip the cheese and use maple syrup instead of honey.
Nut-free: use pumpkin seeds or sunflower seeds instead of pecans.
- Calories: 159
- Sugar: 2.5g
- Sodium: 74mg
- Fat: 15g
- Saturated Fat: 3g
- Carbohydrates: 4g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 4g
- Cholesterol: 10mg
Keywords: celery salad, celery salad recipe