This amazing guacamole recipe is deliciously savory and more flavorful than most thanks to a secret ingredient! What is the secret ingredient? Well, you’ll have to read on. But I promise, one dip into this flavorful guacamole and it will become your new go-to guac recipe.
Are you ready?
ZK’s secret ingredient for amazing guacamole is…
Yes—just a splash of Worcestershire adds a incredible savory element without screaming “Worcestershire!” This pantry staple is a simple and easy way to up your guac game. I highly recommend giving it a try.
A note on Worcestershire: if you are vegan or eat gluten-free, Worcestershire does contain anchovies (making it non-vegan) and gluten. Simply swap out the Worcestershire for liquid aminos of you need to avoid gluten or stick to a vegan/vegetarian diet.
How to serve / use guacamole.
Oh my gosh—the options are endless! Where do I begin? First off, it’s very classic to serve guacamole with corn tortillas chips but that’s just the beginning. Here’s a list of ways to serve/eat this amazing guacamole.
- Dollop guacamole on nachos just before serving
- Dollop guacamole onto tacos
- Use guacamole in place of veggie dip on a veggie try
- Add guac to burritos
- Use guacamole as a dip for quesadillas instead of sour cream
- Dollop guac on top of chili or some kind of creamy soup
- Spread guacamole on a toasted piece of bread (think avo toast with a Mexican spin)
- Use leftover guac instead of mayo or cream cheese in sandwiches
- Swap out mayo for guacamole in your favorite deviled egg recipe
- Top your burger with a schmear of heart-healthy guacamole
- Top your scrambled eggs with a few dollops of guac
How to store guacamole and keep it green.
To store prepared guacamole, transfer it to a glass container and pack down to release any air bubbles. Slowly pour water over top of guacamole to cover, then secure lid and refrigerate. When ready to eat, pour water out of container, stir guacamole and serve.
Alternatively, instead of covering with water, you can press a piece of plastic wrap over surface of guacamole before securing lid. This isn’t as foolproof as the water method, but still works well!
ZK’s Secret Ingredient Guacamole
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 1½ cups (6 servings) 1x
- Category: Appetizer
- Cuisine: Mexican
2 avocados, seeded, peeled and diced
2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
1 teaspoon Worcestershire
½ teaspoon ground coriander
½ teaspoon ground cumin
½ teaspoon minced fresh garlic (2 cloves)
3 tablespoons minced red onion
2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
1 tablespoon minced jalapeño
Salt and black pepper to taste
Combine avocados, lime juice, Worcestershire, coriander, cumin, and garlic in a bowl; lightly mash to desired consistency.
Fold in onion, cilantro, and jalapeño; season with salt, pepper, and additional Worcestershire to taste.
Serve guacamole with sliced veggies and/or tortilla chips.
What you’ll need for this recipe:
- Large bowl or mortar and pestle (the later is the classic way of making guacamole)
- Fork or potato masher
- Red onion