This cozy Christmas dinner menu is elegant, absolutely delicious and simple to make. A nod to the traditional Feast of the Seven Fishes, this Christmas dinner, featuring a Sicilian Fish Stew and a Winter Fennel Salad, is significantly pared down—compared to its seven course cousin—but that’s the beauty of it.
Now, before you say anything, I know that Christmas is about pulling out all the stops. And yes, sometimes that means serving course after course. But this holiday menu places intention on flavors and ingredient combinations which means it can hold up against any seven course dinner.
But because I’m in the business of humoring you, I’ve decided to add a few cocktail, appetizer and dessert ideas to go alongside the stew and salad recipes.
This Christmas dinner menu, complete with brand new recipes, is designed to serve six (or four very hungry diners).
Many of the ingredients for these recipes can be prepped ahead (dicing, slicing, etc.) but the dishes themselves should be made within a few hours of serving. I’ve also put together a grocery list below to make planning easier for you!
Cozy Christmas Dinner Menu
- Dry white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc, German Riesling, Pinot Gris
Want those extra courses we talked about earlier? Let's fill out the menu!
- Honey Roasted Figs (serve alongside cheese board)
- Red Pepper Jam (serve alongside cheese board)
- 1 bag pine nuts (2 ounces)
- 1 box golden raisins
- 1 jar capers
- 1 can whole peeled tomatoes (28-ounces)
- 2 bottles clam juice (8-ounces each)
- 1 bottle tarragon vinegar
- 1 bottle dry white wine
- 1 loaf crusty, seedy bread
- 1 baguette
- 2 onions
- 2 fennel bulbs
- 1 large orange
- 1 head celery
- 1 bag baby kale
- 1 head garlic
- 1 package fresh mint
- 1 package fresh thyme
- 1½ pounds skinless swordfish steaks
- 1 block Parmesan