There’s no better time to celebrate vegetables than at peak season when Farmer’s Markets are brimming and produce is stunning. This beet and carrot salad is the perfect way to showcase the spectacular produce!
With this salad I wanted to showcase golden beets in a new form alongside gorgeous purple and orange carrots. Often roasted, beets don’t usually have a chance to shine in their raw form. But julienned and tossed with a creamy-yogurt dressing, they offer an earthy sweetness to this dish.
I call for tarragon and parsley in this beet and carrot salad, but dill could easily be swapped out with tarragon for a different spin. Before serving, give the salad a taste and season with additional herbs if desired. This is a great make-ahead dish as it gets better with time. A few hours in the refrigerator allows the flavors to meld and the beets to soften a bit.
How to serve this beet and carrot salad recipe:
Serve it as a side dish with these main dishes:
- Spice Roasted Pork Tenderloin
- Triple Herb Chicken Skewers
- Turkey & Peach Sandwiches
- Apricot Chicken & Broccoli Sheet Pan Dinner
Golden Beet & Carrot Salad
- Cook Time: 25 mins
- Total Time: 25 mins
- Yield: 5–6 cups 1x
- 1 lb. beets, peeled and julienned
- 1 lb. purple and orange carrots, peeled and julienned
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced
- 4 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh tarragon or dill
- ¼ cup 2% plain Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoon sherry vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Salt and black pepper to taste
Combine beets, carrots, shallots, parsley, and tarragon in a large bowl.
Whisk together yogurt, zest, juice, vinegar, and honey; season with salt and pepper. Toss with salad to coat and season with additional salt, pepper, and parsley.
Refrigerate in an airtight container for up to 4 days.