A fresh, zesty and savory smoked salmon dip that's great for any season and any occasion.
- ⅔ cup whole milk Greek yogurt
- ½ cup crème fraîche
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 3 tablespoons chopped chives + more for serving
- 2 tablespoon chopped fresh dill + more for serving
- Kosher salt and cracked black pepper
- 12 ounces hot-smoked salmon, skin and bones removed
- In a medium bowl, mix together yogurt, crème fraîche, 2 teaspoons lemon juice, 1 ½ teaspoons lemon zest, chives, dill and a ¼ teaspoon each kosher salt and pepper.
- Tear salmon into chunks then add to yogurt mixture. Using a rubber spatula, fold mixture together until salmon is broken into small pieces. Season with additional salt, pepper and lemon juice to taste.
- Transfer salmon dip to a serving dish and top with additional lemon zest, chives, dill and cracked black pepper.
- Make sure to use hot-smoked salmon, not cold-smoked or lox-style salmon.
- If you can't find creme fraiche, you can use sour cream or mayonnaise instead.
- Green onions can be used in place of chives. If you use green onions, chop the green parts and reserve the whites for something else.
- I do not recommend using a low-fat Greek yogurt, whole milk Greek yogurt is ideal here.