This Spicy Black Bean Dip is the result of enjoying a delicious and dip at a local restaurant. A few days after having it, I got a hankering to whir up my own. This 8-ingredient spicy black bean dip is creamy, spicy and incredibly flavorful thanks to cumin, coriander, garlic and parsley. Serve it with chips and veggies or use it to top your favorite Mexican dishes!
How do you make spicy black bean dip?
- Beans: black beans, much like chickpeas, are the perfect base for a spicy dip. They're a blank slate in flavor and offer an ideal creamy texture.
- Bring the heat: some classic hot sauce and jalapeno offer jus the right amount of heat.
- Add some flavor: coriander, cumin, parsley, onion, and garlic add familiar, yet undeniably delicious, flavors. Plus, you probably already have most of these on hand!
How to serve spicy black bean dip:
Exceptionally versatile, this spicy black bean dip can be served warm or cold and can be topped with anything from avocado and chives to roasted corn and jalapeños. Here are some of my favorite ways to enjoy this spicy bean dip:
- as is with tortillas chips and/or sliced veggies (carrots are the best with this!)
- on tacos with pulled chicken
- on nachos with tomatoes, corn, chicken or tofu, cheese and avocado!
- tossed with chicken and cheese and sandwiched between two tortillas for a flavorful quesadilla.
- spread onto a tortilla and topped with an over-easy egg and some fresh pico—a quick huevos rancheros!
- top tacos with a dollop of this spicy black bean dip!
2 (15 ounce) cans no salt added black beans
⅓ cup Frank’s Red Hot Original Cayenne Pepper Sauce
¼ cup water
1 cup white onion, diced
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 medium jalapeño, minced
1 teaspoon cumin
¼ cup parsley, roughly chopped, plus more for garnish
¼ cup crumbled feta (optional)
Rinse and drain beans. Transfer beans to a food processor and add hot sauce, water, onion, garlic, jalapeño, cumin and coriander.
Process for 2 minutes, scraping down sides of bowl as needed. Add parsley and process for an additional 30 seconds.
Transfer dip to serving dish and garnish with crumbled feta and chopped parsley.
Serve with corn chips or vegetables for dipping.
Keep refrigerated in an airtight container for up to 4 days.
Make it vegan:
- leave out the feta
- Serving Size: ¼ cup
- Calories: 77
- Sugar: 1g
- Sodium: 54mg
- Fat: 1g
- Carbohydrates: 12g
- Fiber: 5g
- Protein: 5g
- Cholesterol: 3mg
Keywords: Bean Dip, Healthy Dip