After encountering a delicious and simple dip at a local restaurant, I got a hankering to whir up one of my own.
Black beans are the perfect base, as they have a blank slate of flavor and ideal creamy texture. Coriander, parsley and onion add tons of flavor and spice, creating a more dimensional dip.
Exceptionally versatile, it can be served warm or cold and can be topped with anything ranging from avocado and chives to roasted corn and jalapeños.
- 2 (15 ounce) cans no salt added black beans
- ⅓ cup Frank’s Red Hot Original Cayenne Pepper Sauce
- ¼ cup water
- 1 cup white onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 medium jalapeño, minced
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon coriander seeds, slightly ground (or ½ teaspoon ground coriander)
- ¼ cup parsley, roughly chopped, plus more for garnish
- ¼ cup crumbled feta (optional)
- Rinse and drain beans. Transfer beans to a food processor and add hot sauce, water, onion, garlic, jalapeño, cumin and coriander.
- Process for 2 minutes, scraping down sides of bowl as needed. Add parsley and process for an additional 30 seconds.
- Transfer dip to serving dish and garnish with crumbled feta and chopped parsley.
- Serve with corn chips or vegetables for dipping.
- Keep refrigerated in an airtight container for up to 4 days.