After encountering a delicious and simple dip at a local restaurant, I got a hankering to whir up one of my own.
Black beans are the perfect base, as they have a blank slate of flavor and ideal creamy texture. Coriander, parsley and onion add tons of flavor and spice, creating a more dimensional dip.
Exceptionally versatile, it can be served warm or cold and can be topped with anything ranging from avocado and chives to roasted corn and jalapeños.
Spicy Black Bean Dip
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Total Time: 15 mins
- Yield: 3 cups
- 2 (15 ounce) cans no salt added black beans
- 1/3 cup Frank’s Red Hot Original Cayenne Pepper Sauce
- ¼ cup water
- 1 cup white onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 medium jalapeño, minced
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon coriander seeds, slightly ground (or ½ teaspoon ground coriander)
- ¼ cup parsley, roughly chopped, plus more for garnish
- ¼ cup crumbled feta (optional)
- Rinse and drain beans. Transfer beans to a food processor and add hot sauce, water, onion, garlic, jalapeño, cumin and coriander.
- Process for 2 minutes, scraping down sides of bowl as needed. Add parsley and process for an additional 30 seconds.
- Transfer dip to serving dish and garnish with crumbled feta and chopped parsley.
- Serve with corn chips or vegetables for dipping.
- Keep refrigerated in an airtight container for up to 4 days.