Blood orange mimosas! Everything you love about a classic mimosa (easy to make, elegant and celebratory, wine in the morning) turned up a few notches. This gorgeously hued brunch cocktail calls for just three, yes THREE ingredients and has more color and pizazz than a classic mimosa. What are you waiting for?!
So, how do you make a blood orange mimosa?
- Juice a few blood oranges (slice a few for garnish).
- Open a bottle of dry sparkling wine.
- Pour 2 ounces of juice and ½ ounce of ginger liqueur into the bottom of a champagne flute.
- Top with sparkling wine and garnish with a blood orange slice.
Mix it up!
Here are a few flavor variations to keep your mimosa game strong:
- Classic: Skip the ginger liqueur for a more classic mimosa.
- Sunrise Mimosa: Use pomegranate liqueur (which I also use in this Kir Royale) instead of the ginger liqueur for a sunrise look.
- Grapefruit & Rosemary: Use this Grapefruit Rosemary Syrup in place of the juice and liqueur.
- Pear & Ginger: Use pear nectar instead of the orange juice.
How to serve this Blood Orange Mimosa:
Mimosas are great any time of day, not just breakfast! Serve them at your next party for as a simple and fun cocktail.
Or stay in for a festive brunch at home and whip up this Winter Pancake Brunch Menu!
Blood Orange & Ginger Mimosa
Blood Orange & Ginger Mimosas are the perfect addition to any brunch or shower. Calling for just 3 ingredients, this modernized take on the classic brunch cocktail is a delicious upgrade!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 8 cocktails (serves 4–8)
- Category: Cocktail
- Method: Mix
- Cuisine: American
2 cups chilled fresh blood orange juice
4 ounces ginger liqueur (such as Domaine De Canton)
1 bottle chilled brut cava
Blood orange slices for serving
Pour 2 ounces juice and ½ ounce liqueur into each champagne flute, top with cava, garnish with a slice of orange, if using, and serve.
Equipment you’ll need:
- Champagne flutes
- Serving Size: 1 mimosa
- Calories: 134
- Sugar: 10g
- Sodium: 0
- Fat: 0
- Saturated Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 16g
- Fiber: 0
- Protein: 1g
- Cholesterol: 0
Keywords: Brunch Cocktail, Cocktail, Party