Quick tip: for best processing, always start by adding the liquid to the blender first followed by remaining ingredients.
Recipe Note: This smoothie is a bit different than most others I have featured on here; a touch thicker and not as sweet, this one is for the adventurous. I love it because it truly tastes like carrot cake. If you want it sweeter swap out the frozen mango for frozen pineapple chunks.
Carrot Cake Smoothie
- Yield: 2 cups
- 1 cup water
- 1 ripe pear, cored and cut into chunks
- 2 carrots, grated (⅔ cup, packed)
- ¼ cup frozen mango chunks
- ¼ cup old-fashioned oats
- 1 tablespoon almond butter
- 2 teaspoons pure maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- Pour water into blender first followed by remaining ingredients. Blend until smooth.