Honestly, I haven’t always been a smoothie–loving person. I tried my hardest to get on the bandwagon; blending them up for breakfast, adding protein powder, throwing in veggies, the list goes on. But for some reason I was either hungry in an hour, disliked my combination of 12+ ingredients, was turned away by the color, or hated the texture.
Well, I decided it was time to give this smoothie thing a serious try and get it right once and for all.
Here’s what I found to be the top tips for making smoothies:
1) The shorter the ingredient list, the better.
2) Frozen mango or frozen banana make for a luxurious texture and add slight sweetness.
3) Almond butter adds depth of flavor while also boosting the protein and fat content.
4) Oats add body and silky texture..
5) Veggies are easy to incorporate and do not take away from the flavor.
6) At least ½ cup of water or milk is essential for easy blending, smooth texture, and drinkability.
7) For best blending, always start by adding the liquid to the blender first followed by remaining ingredients.